E2 Student Lead
Visit the Student Employment website and search for the position. The position is currently OPEN and. Deadline to apply is March 1, 2018. (REQ #39316 BR)
The E2 Student Leads are responsible for assisting with preparation and follow up for first-year retention initiatives in the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering. This includes, but is not limited to, managing E2 registrations and questions, logistical preparations for E2, conducting online research, ordering and shopping for event supplies, general office support for the Student Success team, and other duties as assigned. The Student Lead will also attend at least 2 camp sessions. Work hours are flexible and to be determined with the supervisor. This position reports directly to the Coordinator Senior, 1st Year Programs or Coordinator, Engineering Student Success and Engagement. Duties are complex and involve a significant degree of responsibility and judgment.
E2 Camp Student Leads have the exciting opportunity to design, manage, develop, lead, direct, plan, and market the E2 Camps experience for incoming Fulton Schools of Engineering freshmen. Student Leads research, design, and implement fun team-building and engineering-themed activities for freshmen; enhance the leadership abilities of upper-class student counselors (C2s); and develop their own unique set of skills, including leadership, communication, and project management and planning skills. E2 Camp is designed to build Fulton Schools affinity with new Fulton Schools students as they transition from high school to college while growing the communication and leadership skills of current students who attend Camp as counselors. E2 Camp Student Leads take the lead in planning and marketing the E2 experience while leading Camp sessions. E2 Camp program planning is through Spring and Summer. Camps are scheduled in June and throughout the month of August 2018, in Prescott, AZ.
Days and Schedule: Hours will vary between 10 and 25 hours per week. E2 Leads commit to start working during the Spring 2018 semester and will be expected to be available for an average of 20 hours per week throughout Summer 2018. Students are expected to be available all of August 2018 until E2 Camp sessions conclude.
Positions available at Tempe and Polytechnic location
This position requires a high degree of accuracy, dependability, responsibility, initiative, and ability to work independently. Candidates should:
- Possess strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Possess a current and valid Arizona driver’s license and meet requirements for driving a golf cart and/or department’s state vehicle
- Be proficient in Word and Excel
- Have experience with event support
- Have attended E2 as a Freshman
- Have served as a C2 (counselor)
- Evidence of ASU and/or Fulton Schools leadership experience
- Active student enrolled in an Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering academic plan
- Must be in junior or senior standing by Fall 2018
Essential Job Duties:
Under the direction of the Coordinator Senior, First Year Programs, the E2 Student Lead will:
- Recruit, interview, select and train approximately 160 camp counselors.
- Plan and conduct counselor training session (in person and online).
- Assist with E2 Camp marketing (contact students and follows up with registrants).
- Interact with students and parents at new student orientation to market E2 Camps.
- Manage E2 Camp inventory, including organization and distribution of E2 Camp materials.
- Develop and present trainings for students, faculty and staff.
- Travel with Student Success team to set up E2 Camp sessions.
- Attend 2 to 3 E2 Camp sessions.
- Assist the E2 Camp check-in process.
- Co-Direct Camp operations for more than 200 campers.
- Interact with Student Success staff on a regular basis.
- Lead weekly Student Lead Meetings with Coordinator Senior
- Track purchases and manage the E2 Camp budget reports.
- Lead large group activities at E2 Camp sessions.
- Hours vary in January – June, based on need, averaging 10-15 hours per week.
- Must be available to work a minimum of 15 hours per week between the hours of 8 a. m. and 5 p.m. during June, July and August 2018.