Camp Counselors (C2s)
Why should you apply to be a C2?
- Counselors receive t-shirts, sweatshirts, and other Fulton Schools SWAG to show off! (Also, you get all the meals at camp and free transportation!)
- You get to network with faculty and alumni! They can help you obtain research or internship opportunities or even a job for after graduation.
- Potential employers often ask our students about E2 and the counselor experience. E2C2s are students who can lead by example and have strong interpersonal skills. These are things employers are looking for!
Students interested in serving as an E2C2 must meet the following requirements:
- At least 2.5 cumulative GPA at the time of application and during E2.
- Current Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering undergraduate with at least sophomore standing for Fall 2023.
- Attend one required training session, no exceptions.
- Complete Online Training Course.
- Commit to at least one full E2 session (C2s can do more than one session.) Each session begins with check-in on the Tempe or Polytechnic campus and ends when the bus returns to campus.
There are two routes to take this year when applying to become a C2. Paid positions and Volunteer Positions. These are the exact same position – the only difference is whether or not you would like to receive a stipend for your role as a C2. Please only submit ONE of these applications.
- Position pays $125 per camp session
- Counselors will be paid for the training that they go through.
- Counselors are required to work a minimum of 2 camps and a maximum of 3.
- Volunteering is always an option for counselors! Some reasons to go this route include:
- Not having a working visa
- Having too many hours of work through ASU
- Receiving volunteer hours for the Grand Challenges Scholars Program (GCSP)
- Each camp will give individuals 20 hours of service learning
- Click here to learn more about GCSP